ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: Draft

  • To: "'Don Blumenthal'" <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>, "'gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx'" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: Draft
  • From: "Balleste, Roy" <rballeste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:30:53 +0000

Dear Don,

Although I will not be able to join you later today, I have read both drafts.
First, thank you very much!  I can only imagine how hard it was to put this
document together.
My personal view is that the Report perfectly captures the complexities and
challenges present in the Whois discussion, as we discussed them, and in
particular, the challenges presented by the data protection laws.
I would be happy and honored to endorse the Report that you shared with the
group today.

Best,

Roy