ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Today's draft

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] Today's draft
  • From: Don Blumenthal <dblumenthal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 06:27:39 -0400

Hello.

Here it is. I think I covered all of the points made in last week's
conversation but I would appreciate some clarification:

I remember saying that Port 43 requirements might be eliminated in the draft
RAA but can't recall how the subject came up.

Please help me flesh out how these two points, as I noted them, fit in
1) VRSN – registrants have agreed. Registrars no longer authoritative
2) Direct consumer contact. Ry has to depend on Rr

Mikey stressed in a couple of notes today that it's important to send this memo
for today's meeting. I'll hold until 8:30 EDT, and might even have my own
rewrites if I can look at the new RAA. Let me know if you have comments by
then. If it's too late, we will have opportunities to weak later.

Don