ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Addition to Privacy summary

  • To: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Addition to Privacy summary
  • From: "Prosser, Susan" <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 09:31:40 -0700

I am fine with draft produced by Don and the summary Alan created.  I
understand Amr and Ray's concern.  It may be best to remove the summary
from the document.

Amr, to your point, I believe the draft addresses the greater issue of data
protection. The Conclusion section, under Data Protection Laws, it draws
the point that Thick Whois models are in existence, rightly or wrongly.  To
address the issue of data protection, we advise ICANN to explore the issue
in more detail.  It is not discounting there is a concern.  But, that it
must be addressed by ICANN.  That is how I interpret the document.

-Susan