ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois]

Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Addition to Privacy summary

  • To: "gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx WHOIS" <gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dataprotection-thickwhois] RE: [gnso-thickwhoispdp-wg] Addition to Privacy summary
  • From: Amr Elsadr <aelsadr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 18:47:21 +0200

Hi Susan,

On May 14, 2013, at 6:31 PM, "Prosser, Susan" <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Amr, to your point, I believe the draft addresses the greater issue of data
> protection. The Conclusion section, under Data Protection Laws, it draws the
> point that Thick Whois models are in existence, rightly or wrongly.  To
> address the issue of data protection, we advise ICANN to explore the issue in
> more detail.  It is not discounting there is a concern.  But, that it must be
> addressed by ICANN.  That is how I interpret the document.

I agree 100%. I interpret the document in pretty much the same way. I'm pretty
happy with how thoroughly the draft statement illustrates these issues in as
much detail as we have discussed over the past few months. I really appreciate
how effectively Don managed to capture all of our deliberations so clearly, in
addition to some very substantive edits made by Steve and others.

Thanks.

Amr