ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Question for Internet Service Provider constituency members regarding customer information

  • To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Question for Internet Service Provider constituency members regarding customer information
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:46:03 -0500

Marilyn Cade wrote:

Thus, this group can be added into the group of invited "presentors"....
Otherwise, we get a random and not thorough response by just polling the TF
itself.

Marilyn, as you and many others in this group know all too well from first hand experience, we've run into this "representative sample" problem in prior task forces. In the interests of avoiding the data acquisition and management issues that we've spent inordinate amounts of time dealing with in prior task forces, we should attempt to be more willing to rely on the representations of GNSO participants that have subject matter expertise relevant to the questions being answered. In this case, I think its extremely fair to let the ISPC and IPC answer these questions...

--

                      -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org