ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] [Fwd: Draft staff summary on WHOIS]

  • To: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>, "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "GNSO Secretariat" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] [Fwd: Draft staff summary on WHOIS]
  • From: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:11:40 -0500

 I am sure that a compendium as reflected in Maria's outline will be quite
useful to those wishing to delve into the Whois issues.  However, I had thought
that her assignment included (indeed, that it was to be focused on) preparation
of the "Task Force Report" on TF 1/2 recommendation 1 (improving notice to and
consent from registrants), so that the 20-day public comment period under
Section 9 of GNSO PDP could be commenced.  Indeed we had hoped that the public
comment period  could be completed prior to Mar del Plata, given that 5
constituency statements had been received by February 16.  Since three weeks
have now passed, that appears impossible; but I would urge that we prioritize
the preparation of the "Final Report" on this topic in accordance with Section
7(e) of the PDP, see http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm#AnnexA  , so that
the public comment period can take place and we can present the recommendation
to the GNSO Council ASAP after Mar del Plata.

Steve Metalitz