ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] National variation among Registrars = fair competitionand consumer choice

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] National variation among Registrars = fair competitionand consumer choice
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:02:25 -0500

Hmmm. Both! But my comment referred to WHOIS in general.

Progress on Whois TFs 1, 2 and 3 was much slower than anticipated, but
perhaps justifiable given the difficulty of the issue. But this
assessment holds only _if_ something serious happens to build on it in
the next 4 months. Consider: The current Whois TFs were defined in
September 2003, TF1 first met Tuesday, December 2 2003, May 20, 2004
was the projected date for TF1 final report, the actual final reports
came around in late November, 2004. It's now March and it would appear
that nothing could  be concluded until August, two years on.

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org

>>> Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> 3/15/2005 12:21:47 PM >>>
>You say that progress
has been slow - on this particular issue or on the whois question in
general? I haven't followed the development of this particular issue as

I was wrapped up in TF3Land. If the former, how long has this been in
play?

--

                       -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org