ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Security/stability questions

  • To: "'Thomas Roessler'" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Security/stability questions
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:30:49 -0500

Jordyn, Jeff,

As I look at the flow of questions, I repeat a statement I made:

We aren't asking for SSAC's views, we are inviting the chair  of the SSAC
for a dialogue. I made the recommendation to invite Steve to discuss WHOIS
with is as it relates to Stability and security. Then after that
conversation, which is with the full Council and the TF members, the TF
would be better advised about whether to make a request to the SSAC for
formal advise.

So, when you make the request, can you try to frame it accordingly?
Otherwise, we come across like the grand inquisitors. NOT our intent, I
know.

Marilyn