ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT redline of recommendation 2

  • To: "Steven J. Metalitz IIPA" <metalitz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] DRAFT redline of recommendation 2
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:18:02 -0700

Steve, thanks for your efforts on this.

Question for all: The intent then is that this is presented as advice to
the ICANN Staff and community, not set-in-stone policy, correct?

Assuming the answer to that question is yes, I *may* be able to support
it but have at least one proposed change to the revised recommendation
(perhaps others later). It is included in the attached and summarized
below.

Currently the document extracts only the first element of ICANN's Core
Values from its bylaws (Article I, section 2, item 1) and makes the
apparent assumption that it is the only Core Value worth considering in
this context. The ICANN Staff and the Board should consider the entirety
of ICANN's Mission and Core Values as defined in Article I of the
bylaws.

Tim