ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Revised draft

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Revised draft
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 09:31:43 -0400

Tom:
This is a definite improvement on Steve's draft. I support it.

>>> "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> 5/3/2005 7:09:02 AM >>>
>This is a serious step backwards from Steve's draft. In particular it
>reinserts the following:

Tim: GoDaddy achieved the number one marketshare among registrars some
time last month. Congrats and relax, enjoy your well-earned market
position, and stop playing games with individual privacy rights - you
will retain that market share by continuing to offer good service, not
by imposing rigid policies on all the world's registrars. I'd suggest
that your company's interests are served by achieving quick agreement on
an exceptions procedure and not by these kind of petty objections.