ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] "Disadvantaged" business

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] "Disadvantaged" business
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <Mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 15:12:24 -0400

>>> Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> 5/3/2005 10:02:34 AM >>>
>In Tim's defense, I submit that he will be among those registrars
that
>are disadvantaged by this policy. Registrars in privacy friendly
>jurisdictions like Tucows will gain the right to provide privacy
>enhanced services that Godaddy cannot.

Ross, this is not correct. I must make this very clear, for a I fear
that you may not understand what is on the table.

Under this procedure, you will be allowed to provide "privacy-enhanced
services" that differ from the current RAA IF AND ONLY IF your
government comes after you and says that your current practices are
illegal.

Has your government done that to you recently? Can you please answer
this question yes or no?

In reality, the stakes for GoDaddy are very small, perhaps even not
measurable.