ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] "Disadvantaged" business

  • To: Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] "Disadvantaged" business
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:21:24 +0200

Paul,

finding a way that achives compliance with both the RAA and
the national regulation must always be the first goal. If this
goal can be reached by moving towards a proxy service this way
should be followed. Unfortunatelly we don't know yet whether
this will be possible or not.

tom

Am 03.05.2005 schrieb Paul Stahura:
> Milton,
> Clarification.  I think this is obvious, but just want to make sure...
>
> If a Registrar is allowed to offer "privacy-enhanced services" that are
> allowed under the current RAA and that offering such services would
> bring them into compliance with their national laws, BUT CHOOSES NOT TO
> OFFER SUCH SERVICES, then that registrar would NOT be allowed to provide
> "privacy-enhanced services" that differ from the current RAA, correct?
>
> If correct, then add
> "and IF AND ONLY IF you cannot modify your current practices so that you
> are simultaneously in compliance with the current RAA and your national
> law"
>
> So if, for example, putting all your names on "domains by proxy" (or
> whatever) is allowed by RAA and does not conflict with your national
> laws, then you must do so before you get special exemption from RAA.

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w