ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Revised draft

  • To: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Revised draft
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:37:54 +0200

Ross,

reading your responses I more and more get the feeling that you are
assuming that this policy is created to introduce privacy to the
whois system which is a fundamental missunderstanding. The policy
was soley created to deal with cases in which a registrar or registry
has proof of that it has to change its whois practise due to a complain
of a offical local entity. Just assuming that one might be in breach
of various privacy regulations (which might not even be applicable)
is not enough. It therefore has absolutely nothing to do with what
registrars or registries like to do but only with what they have to
do by local regulation. And just to mention it again. This can happen
even if we change the current whois privacy policy to something else.

One thing we certainly are in agreement is that we should get this
over with and focus on the real improvements.

tom

Am 03.05.2005 schrieb Ross Rader:

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w