ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation]

  • To: "Mansourkia, Magnolia (Maggie)" <maggie.mansourkia@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation]
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:06:30 -0400

My comment was not an accusation, but simply another example of the
confusion that exists as a result of the various interpretations of the
recommendations. The recommendations may or may not constitute a waiver
- - but somewhere along the line, the GNSO needs to figure out what the
recommendations do mean. Implementing policy without a conscious and
explicit recognition of its effects isn't useful or wise.

On 16/08/2005 10:43 AM Mansourkia, Magnolia (Maggie) noted that;
> Ross-
> I was not able to be on this call, so it's hard for me to "forget"
> something I was not aware of, even after reading the minutes.  However,
> I'll accept your statement as fact.  Let us also remember that a waiver,
> in the context of contractual rights, has very specific legal meanings
> and consequences.
>
> I think, in deference to the different kinds of experts we have on the
> task force, its inappropriate and incredibly unfair to hold a comment
> made by my colleague as being the legal position of our constituency.
>
> Within the ISPCP, as I'm sure with other constituencies, we value and
> enjoy the natural synergies that go along with having the expertise of
> folks with technical, policy, legal and other backgrounds.
>
> If you need clarification regarding a position with legal consequences
> on behalf the ISPCPs, please feel free to pose a question and we'll be
> happy to respond. If you're comment is intended as an indication of a
> hidden agenda or legal position of our constituency, let us be clear
> that this is in fact inaccurate and unfounded.
>
> Thanks,
> Maggie

- --

                      -rwr

Contact info: http://www.blogware.com/profiles/ross
Skydasher: A great way to start your day
My weblog: http://www.byte.org