ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Public comments on preliminary task force report

  • To: "GNSO Secretariat" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Public comments on preliminary task force report
  • From: "Steve Metalitz" <metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:55:55 -0400

At least two comments received in response to our preliminary task force
reports --
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-whoisprivacy-cmts/msg00003.html  and
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-whoisprivacy-cmts/msg00006.html --
show support for some of the tweaks to the recommendation (re procedure
for handling conflicts with local law) which the task force chair ruled
in our September 6 call did not have sufficient support for inclusion.
I did not see anything in the public comments that took an opposing
position. Accordingly, on our call tomorrow, should we reconsider the
rejection of proposals 3, 5, and 6?  See
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-dow123/msg00554.html,
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-dow123/msg00556.html, and
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-dow123/msg00557.html.

Steve Metalitz