ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] final report

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] final report
  • From: KathrynKL@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 12:28:08 EDT

All:
Thanks to Maria and all for the fine final report!  I went through it
carefully and would like to offer a few small changes.

1)  Can we highlight and link to the URLs for the TF2 TOR and report in the
Introduction?  I have searched for these URLs several times and since they are
not highlighted, they are easy to overlook (and these are important background
documents).  Hereâs the text I would like to update:

=> âIn December 2003, WHOIS Task Force 2 was tasked with "document(ing)
examples of existing privacy laws in regard to display/transmittal of data".
(Task
Force 2 terms of reference, point 4 of 'tasks and milestones';available at
[HIGHLIGHT AND LINK TO:]
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/tor2.shtml).

=> Task Force 2's preliminary report was published for public comment in June
2004 (available at [HIGHLIGHT AND LINK TO:]
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/Whois-tf2-preliminary.html).

2)  Can we create a printable version?   Currently, printing the final report
cuts off the right edge.  I know there are ways around it, but many people
may print the 33 pages before they realize the problem, and perhaps be too
frustrated to reprint.  Can we include a link to the print version at the top?

3)  As agreed by the TF, I would like add teh link to the privacy laws table
in the Introduction & Background section.  This table was created by TF2 Team
1, and included in Appendix A of TF2âs report in a very hard-to-read version.

Below is the edit I offered to TF and which was accepted at our final editing
meeting on the Preliminary Report.  It was, however, missing from the posted
preliminary report.  Could we add it now?

=> âTask Force 2âs preliminary report was published for public comment in
June 2004 at
http://gnso.icann.org/issues/whois-privacy/Whois-tf2-preliminary.html.  [ADD]
Table of Privacy laws by country of registrar, [insert URL for
Excel file] [END ADD]. The report found (in section 2.3) thatâ.â

Thanks,
Kathy