ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] final report

  • To: <KathrynKL@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] final report
  • From: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 18:41:11 +0200

Thanks very much, Kathy.

You'll see that I've incorporated the editing changes in the final version
just sent to the task force.

On 2), creating a printable version is something I'm going to have to ask
our web dept. about.  The GNSO decided early in the summer that it wanted
documents in html as the default option from now on, and this also helps us
publish reports more easily and quickly on the ICANN website (producing
clean html from proprietary word processing applications, with the
formatting intact, was proving to be a bit of a nightmare).

So it may be that the best thing is for us to put up either a modified html
version or possibly a pdf.  We generally lean towards html to increase the
chances of readability & speed up downloads, especially for those accessing
ICANN documents from developing countries. It's possible the simplest thing
may be 'copy and paste into a word processing app, and print', but I will
get an answer/response for you shortly.

All the best, Maria

  _____