ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] cancellation of the WHOIS GAC workshop/planning the report of the TF for VC

  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] cancellation of the WHOIS GAC workshop/planning the report of the TF for VC
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:33:01 -0500

Dear all, For scheduling purposes, it seems important to let the TF know,
now that the Council has been advised that the proposed GAC WHOIS Workshop
has been cancelled for VC; among the challenges faced in planning it, seem
to be that the governmental representatives for many countries are quite
consumed with WSIS planning and preparation.

As to being overwhelmed by WSIS, I would be sympathetic.  WSIS is certainly
"eating" my life right now.  We may find that WSIS just concluding before we
come to VC, may  mean that many issues are implicated in how we deal with
the WSIS aftermath.

In any case, that may free up some time for some of the TF members who may
have been planning to attend that session.

Just a note: there is a request for a totally unrelated workshop on the
"settlement agreements" that is being put forward for either Tuesday or
Wednesday. So, don't give up your travel plans just yet!

But back to this task force, I have recommended to Council that we have
reports from all our working groups, task forces, etc.in our Council adm
working session and it make sense that the TF report, presented by our
chair, should be part of the public forum, before the gNSO Council meets.  I
assume we need to focus in on the content of that update/report.  Jordyn,
can we make that our priority for work at this point?

Regards, Marilyn