ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Emailing: 2100-9588_22-5986553.htm

  • To: Milton Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Emailing: 2100-9588_22-5986553.htm
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:22:01 -0500

Milton Mueller wrote:
Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> 12/9/2005 10:26 PM >>>
As a side note, I'm still struggling to understand the relevancy of the GAO report in the context of our outstanding work. Aside from reinforcing our terms of reference, is there really anything of value in this report as it relates to tasks 2, 3 and 4?

It is not relevant to tasks 2 (purpose of various contacts) or 3 (what data should be published).

It is probably relevant to task 4 (determine how to improve notification,
investigation and correction of inaccurate data), providing some measure of
where we stand now but no real guidance as to where to go or how to get there.

thanks for the clarification. I'm presuming that we are going to move forward with a discussion of purpose of contacts as a next step followed by the creation of some recommendations regarding what data should be published.

I think that everyone is on the record with some level of definition of contacts. Might I suggest that we work in parallel with Maria and seek to come to some sort of reduction in language similar to what we did with the purpose of whois itself?

-ross