ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Next steps

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Next steps
  • From: Jordyn Buchanan <jordyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 12:50:17 -0500

Hello everyone:

Now that we're through the holiday season, I'd like to make sure we get back
on track with our work.

1) We have the Preliminary Report for ToR Item #1 in draft form right now.
I'd like to make sure everyone has a chance to review it and we agree to any
changes no later than a week from today.  To that end, if you have any
proposed corrections, please submit them no later than January 10.

2) Simultaneously, I would like to look at work on Items #2, 3 and 4.  We
may have the greatest success in dealing with these items by looking at the
considerable common ground in our two formulations of the purpose of Whois
to see how they may shape our thinking on these other items.  For example,
Ross has circulated a proposal (the OPOC proposal) that seems to incorporate
elements of each of our other remaining work items.  There may be other
approaches as well.  It would be helpful to consider the OPOC proposal plus
any others that task force members may want to advance to see whether they
form a suitable framework for considering some of our further work.  It's
very helpful to have concrete proposals such as this to make the dialogue a
less abstract.  I would encourage commentary on Ross's proposal and the
development of any other proposals that task force members may feel better
encapsulate the concepts we have been discussing.

3) Unfortunately, I will be out of the country next week with limited
telephone access.  As a result, we will have to schedule our next conference
call for the week after next.  I understand the Council also has a call
scheduled on the same day, so I would propose that we move our call to the
following day--January 18th at our usual time (9:30 AM EDT).  Please let me
know if this causes difficulties for anyone.

Jordyn