ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Nomination for Co- Chairs for TF-follow up response

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Nomination for Co- Chairs for TF-follow up response
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:43:15 -0400

Dear Ross and other colleagues

I too read the bylaws section, before making the nominations of co-chairs.
As I understand the Task Force's ability to elect its leadership, I see no
reason why co-chairs are  not a positive outcome for the TF. As to anyone
making a "decision", I made a nomination.

However, since Ross has suggested that the TF needs a "ruling" from outside
the Task Force, to move the discussion along, I've cc'd Dan Halloran, deputy
general counsel, John Jeffrey, General Counsel, and Bruce Tonkin, chair,
GNSO. The Policy staff are of course routinely copied on the "list".

I note that I proposed "co-chairs", not two chairs. I believe that there is
a difference, just as there is a difference between a chair and a vice
chair. :-)  I nominated two individuals from very different perspectives,
but with deep understanding of the work that has been done, and awareness of
the work that remains in order to ensure that there is strong trust in the
leadership process.

Regards, Marilyn Cade