ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Nomination for Chair

  • To: <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Nomination for Chair
  • From: "Paul Stahura" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 13:19:29 -0700

I second Avri's nomination.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Ross Rader
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:06 PM
To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: avri@xxxxxxx
Subject: [gnso-dow123] Nomination for Chair

With Jordyn's pending departure, I'd like to get the ball rolling on
finding a replacement. I understand that we will be discussing process
on the Tuesday call. In the meantime, I'd like to put officially forward

Avri Doria as a candidate. Avri recently joined council as a nominating
committee appointee. She will shortly be joining this Task Force (is
currently waiting for the "paperwork" to be processed) and I think she
would make an excellent chair. Not only does Avri come with the benefit
of being completely free of conflicts of interest, she is also free from

constituency ties which might otherwise cloud her judgement. While
Jordyn has done an excellent job in this regard, it is extremely
important that his replacement be at least as fair and neutral in their
management of this important work.

I am not sure if Avri has been officially added to this mailing list
yet, so I have included her in the cc: line of this message.

I have also reproduced her most recent statement of interest that she
filed with the GNSO Council as follows:

Statement of Interest for Avri Doria
I am an independent research consultant and have no employment,
contract, financial interest, share ownership or any other business
relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a holder,
and fee payer, of several domain names in .com, .net and .org.

As part of my volunteer activities I have spoken to and given advise to
various representatives of indigenous nomadic and semi-nomadic
populations on the topic of obtaining an TLD.

--

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

-r