ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Nomination for Chair

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Nomination for Chair
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:06:05 -0400

With Jordyn's pending departure, I'd like to get the ball rolling on finding a replacement. I understand that we will be discussing process on the Tuesday call. In the meantime, I'd like to put officially forward Avri Doria as a candidate. Avri recently joined council as a nominating committee appointee. She will shortly be joining this Task Force (is currently waiting for the "paperwork" to be processed) and I think she would make an excellent chair. Not only does Avri come with the benefit of being completely free of conflicts of interest, she is also free from constituency ties which might otherwise cloud her judgement. While Jordyn has done an excellent job in this regard, it is extremely important that his replacement be at least as fair and neutral in their management of this important work.

I am not sure if Avri has been officially added to this mailing list yet, so I have included her in the cc: line of this message.

I have also reproduced her most recent statement of interest that she filed with the GNSO Council as follows:

Statement of Interest for Avri Doria
I am an independent research consultant and have no employment, contract, financial interest, share ownership or any other business relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a holder, and fee payer, of several domain names in .com, .net and .org.

As part of my volunteer activities I have spoken to and given advise to various representatives of indigenous nomadic and semi-nomadic populations on the topic of obtaining an TLD.

--

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

-r