ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

[gnso-dow123] Follow up information

  • To: WHOIS List <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-dow123] Follow up information
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:49:30 +0200

Colleagues

I said I would provide updated information to you from yesterday's call.

As I said on the call yesterday, there is no impediment to Nominating Committee members being full members of any GNSO Taskforce. Members of the PDPFEB06 Taskforce will be aware that this is indeed the case in our recent experience with setting up that Taskforce.

There is no impediment to any Nominating Committee member being elected as chair of any Taskforce -- subject to the normal proposing and seconding of nominations.

There is an impediment to a joint chair scenario -- that situation is not accounted for anywhere in the Bylaws and I would suggest, for the smooth running of the group, that a single chair is appointed. If the workload was too much or the chair was unavailable for any reason, I'd suggest the appointment of an "alternate chair" to step in.

The only task that remains is for the GNSO Council to formally appoint Avri to the Taskforce -- I presume that that can be done by email to the GNSO Secretariat.

Of course, come back to me with any further questions.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels