ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] Follow up information

  • To: "'Thomas Keller'" <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'Liz Williams'" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] Follow up information
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:26:41 -0400

I actually think that now there isn't an open election process. Right? The
TF made decisions yesterday that are in a different direction.  We agreed
yesterday that Jordyn is continuing as chair for now, and is exploring his
new company's support to continue as chair. There was a motion to that
effect which was seconded.

The next step on that process is to ask the Council to appoint Jordyn as an
"expert", in order to continue his role in the TF since he has left the
constituency. I believe that Jordyn has agreed to continue and to explore
ongoing support. AT least that what I am pretty sure occurred on the TF call
yesterday. :-)

In this case, it seems that the question of a new election is off the table,
as I understand what happened yesterday. Thus, I would think that we are all
actually needing to withdraw nominations.