ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated

  • To: Steve Metalitz <metalitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] NCUC Procedural Proposal - recirculated
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:13:18 +0200

Steve,

it is my understanding of free business that any company can give things away
for free as much as they want as long as they are paying for it themselfs.
Assuring payment might as well mean that a registrar has enough money to
pay for it. Giving names away for free is a very normal business model
in the webhosting world in which hosting companies try to attract customers
to their hosting planes.

Best,

tom

Am 27.04.2006 schrieb Steve Metalitz:
> Bruce,
>
> On what basis can "registrars offer domain names for free," in light of
> the following provision of the RAA:
>
> 3.7.4 Registrar shall not activate any Registered Name unless and until
> it is satisfied that it has received a reasonable assurance of payment
> of its registration fee.
>
> Steve

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\     A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w