ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Alternative proposal re Whois

  • To: <gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steven Metalitz" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Alternative proposal re Whois
  • From: "Milton Mueller" <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:25:43 -0400

>From a procedural standpoint this is basically what is called a
substitution amendment. I.e. it proposes to abandon completely a
document we have been working on for some months and replace it with
another.

I would suggest that for efficiency's sake, that we complete the OPoC
proposal on this call, give us time to read the new proposal (no
presentation on this call, please) and on our next call, vote on a
substitute amendment offered by Steve.

Dr. Milton Mueller
http://www.digital-convergence.org
http://www.internetgovernance.org

>>> "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx> 9/25/2006 3:17:32 PM >>>
 Attached please find an alternative proposal on Whois which I hope
the
TF can consider.  It is the result of discussions among members of the
IPC and other constituencies and is a working draft, based largely on
the model used for several years in the Dutch ccTLD, .NL.  I would be
glad to take a few minutes on today's call to present it and will ask
that it be discussed in more detail on our next call. I look forward
your comments and suggestions and would note again that this is
intended
as a working draft, not a final product.

Steve Metalitz