ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Changes to OPOC proposal: deletion instead of unmasking

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Changes to OPOC proposal: deletion instead of unmasking
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:18:26 -0400

I've made this alternate proposal for "correction" of data before, but since we're sharing written suggestions for amendment, here's mine:

In lieu of having data corrected or revealed, registrant shall have the option of allowing the domain name to lapse. Where the registrant requests the "lapse" option, the domain name shall be stopped from resolving and registrant's identifying information shall not be turned over to the requesting party. Registrant may request suspension pending resolution of the dispute in a "John Doe" (anonymous) proceeding, or cancellation (where registrant does not respond or challenge the request). In either case, registrant's information shall not be turned over.

--Wendy