ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Presentation by Dave Piscatello: Information Gathering Using Domain Name Registration Records

  • To: Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Presentation by Dave Piscatello: Information Gathering Using Domain Name Registration Records
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:18:36 -0500

Maria Farrell wrote:
Dear all,
FYI I am re-sending Dave Piscatello's slides on his research on Whois
records ahead of his presentation on today's Whois task force call.

<snip>

Dave has kindly offered to answer
email questions either individually or to the task force mailing list.

Thanks Dave -

This is a very informative and useful report.

One quick question -

Which registrar's data were used in this survey? i.e. which registrars were listed as the sponsoring registrar in this sample of 5000?

I have a feeling the answers will be useful as it relates to the accuracy work of the task force.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Ross Rader