ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

RE: [gnso-dow123] For your review: Revised version of preliminarytask force report on Whois services

  • To: <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Ross Rader Rader" <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dow123] For your review: Revised version of preliminarytask force report on Whois services
  • From: "Paul Stahura" <stahura@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:28:15 -0800

Marilyn,

I think you know he is not saying that there are 600 registrars without
whois.
I think what he is saying is that there are not really 800 different
policies out there, that there are less than 200 (at most).  And in my
opinion, it's more like 20.

Nice try at trying to make it seem like there are 800 unruly
off-the-reservation registrars out there.

And what makes you think registrants do not have certainty and
predictability now?