ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Correction to ISPCP Comments to be inserted into Task Force Report

  • To: "Metalitz, Steven" <met@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Correction to ISPCP Comments to be inserted into Task Force Report
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:10:20 -0500

Metalitz, Steven wrote:

(2) In the references to the submission of Mark Monitor, Inc., it
should be noted that the submission was "co-signed" by 112 other
entities (companies, associations, and non-profit organizations).

It should also be noted that there are numbers of "signatories" that have disavowed all knowledge of their "participation" and "support" of this submission. In other words, there is very little to indicate that the MarkMonitor submission is also the formal position of all those that appear to have co-signed it. The document appears to be more indicative of an over-zealous vendor creating a facade of support for their own position than it is a unified response from 112 like-minded entities.

If we're going to take this submission seriously, let me know - I'll put together 4 million or so signatures that show that my customers support our submissions as well. (I could probably automate this slightly by putting an opt-in clause in our registration agreement that causes our customers to delegate their politic view points to us for management. Maybe we could use this to swing some local and state elections as well).

-r