ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services

  • To: gnso-dow123@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Final Task Force Report on Whois Services
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 13:17:14 -0500

On 6 mar 2007, at 12.21, Maria Farrell wrote:

The precedents indicate that there is no practice of putting minority
reports into annexes. I have therefore put the Special Circumstances
Proposal into the body of the Task Force Report. In the executive summary, I
have referenced this proposal in the manner Milton suggested last week, i.e.
stating its support and simply referring readers to its location in the
report.

If minority reports should not be put into the annexes but in the body and if the Special Circumstance is being treated as a minority report and being moved into the body then i do not understand why the report submitted, by Milton, Robin,Wendy and myself if not being treated as a minority report and given the same status in the document?

I still believe that our proposal and the special circumstances proposal deserve the same treatment in the report. And find any report that does not give them the same weight as unsatisfactory.

a.