ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dow123]

Re: [gnso-dow123] Re: [council] Draft Charter for new Whois Working Group

  • To: "Wendy Seltzer" <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Re: [council] Draft Charter for new Whois Working Group
  • From: "Jordyn Buchanan" <jordyn.buchanan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 10:51:51 -0400

Since the working group is a creation of the Council rather than the
bylaws, the Council should be able to change the voting structure of
their own accord.  I'm not sure I'd expect this, given that the groups
that get to vote on the Council are the same ones that benefit from
the current structure, but it's worth discussing with various
Councilors if you think it's important.

The other possibility, of course, is that the board makes changes in
the structure of the Council in the ICANN bylaws, which seems to be
under consideration as part of the LSE review of the GNSO.

Jordyn