ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting ad hoc group - Action points from call 8 August

  • To: "Olof Nordling" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jothan Frakes" <jfrakes@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting ad hoc group - Action points from call 8 August
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 10:54:12 -0700

I disagree with these new questions 11 and 12, because the changes are
substantial and the new version of 12 does not really make sense unless
answered by a registrar or registry.  For both, I think we do want to consider
whether registrars should be allowed to offer registrations for free, or what
limits there ought to be on that, though we don't need to mention registrars by
name.

I would agree to change these so not mentioning registries or registrars:

11.  If domain registrations were offered at no cost to the registrant, would
this effectively permit domain tasting?

12.  Should ICANN prohibit domain registrations at no cost to the registrant?

Jothan would that be acceptable for Registrars?  Any other comments?

Mike Rodenbaugh

Sr. Legal Director

Yahoo! Inc.

NOTE:  This message may be protected by attorney-client and/or work product
privileges, if you are not the intended recipient then please delete this
message and all attachments and notify me as soon as possible.  Thanks.