ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domin tasting ad hoc group statements of interest - 22 August 2007

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domin tasting ad hoc group statements of interest - 22 August 2007
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:55:53 -0700

I am Vice President of Corporate Development and Policy for The Go Daddy
Group, Inc. The Go Daddy Group companies include eight ICANN accredited
registrars including GoDaddy.com, Inc.

GoDaddy.com is a member of the Registrars Constituency of the GNSO and I
am its Registered Representative.

GoDaddy.com is a member of the dotMOBI Advisory Group (MAG). I represent
GoDaddy.com on the MAG. I am on the MAG Steering Committee and have been
appointed by the Steering Committee to represent the MAG on dotMOBI
Policy Advisory Board (PAB). The MAG and PAB, among other activities,
are involved in recommending policy to mTLD, the dotMOBI Registry
Operator.

GoDaddy.com is also a member of the United States Council for
International Business (USCIB). The USCIB is a member of the Business
Constituency of the GNSO. Our primary interest in the USCIB is the DNS
and Internet Identifiers Working Group.

GoDaddy.com recently acquired a small interest in Afilias Limited for
investment purposes. GoDaddy.com and Afilias USA recently formed a joint
venture dba Alliance Registry, in which Afilias USA is the managing
member and assumes authority and responsibility for all day-to-day
registry operations.

GoDaddy.com has been an outspoken critic of domain tasting due to its
adverse affects on potential registrants and our concern that such
affects will harm the reputation of and further erode consumer
confidence
in our industry.

Tim Ruiz
GoDaddy.com