ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Why Domain Tasting is Great!

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Why Domain Tasting is Great!
  • From: "Jeffrey Eckhaus" <jeckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 18:28:19 -0400

All,

While we all appreciate input from the group related to the needs from
ICANN, I would appreciate that we stick to the mission of the ad-hoc
group for further fact finding, not the opinions of random bloggers and
magazines.

In view of the increase in domain tasting (definitions below), the GNSO
Council recently considered an Issues Report on Domain Tasting and
resolved to form an ad hoc group for further fact-finding on the effects
of this practice. The ad hoc group has prepared these questions to
assist in gathering facts and opinions, while inviting both qualitative
and quantitative input. The group would especially appreciate
statistical and other empirical evidence to support your responses, or
references to potential sources of information.