ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain tasting ad hoc group statements of interest - 22 August 2007

  • To: <gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain tasting ad hoc group statements of interest - 22 August 2007
  • From: "Jothan Frakes" <jfrakes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 15:03:46 -0700

JOTHAN FRAKES - Registrar Constituency

I am a full time employee of Oversee.net, a privately held,
California-based company where I serve as Director of Industry
Relations.  Oversee.net is the parent company to The ICANN Accredited
Registrar NameKing. NameKing is an active member of the Registrar
Constituency, and I was requested by Oversee to represent NameKing in an
official capacity by participating in this working group.  Oversee.net
would potentially be impacted by the outcome of this working group, as
would many registrars that support general purpose domain registrations.

I have 12 years of experience working directly in the domain industry
for various ccTLD and gTLD registries, ICANN accredited registrars, and
multiple commercial domain industry conferences.  I am currently an
individual member of Internet Society (ISOC), a consulting member of the
CoCCA (Council of Country Code Administrators), and a member of the
dotMOBI Advisory Group (MAG).

My participation in this working group is intended to help focus the
group on the add grace period and contribute towards a productive
outcome.
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Frakes;Jothan