ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] DT Outcomes Report - new draft, 1.3

  • To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] DT Outcomes Report - new draft, 1.3
  • From: "Jeffrey Eckhaus" <jeckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:45:23 -0400

Tim,

The areas where I commented on users comments is the way that I read the
report, I am not commenting on the validity of anyone's comments, I actually
agree with many and think they are correct, I just wanted it to be noted as
they are opinions of the respondents, not facts from this committee.

The ccTLD comment is based on what I read in this report such as the reports
below

.DE (Germany)/ Stephan Welzel

Domain tasting is not an issue under .de at all because we do not have an Add
Grace Period. Such an Add Grace Period is not needed in our case because we
charge our members ("registrars") not yearly but monthly fees so that they have
to pay only for a month, not a full year, if they register a domain name and
then discover that they (or their customers) didn't actually want to register
it.

NL (The Netherlands)/ Roelof Meijer

.NL has a seven-day grace period to correct DNS errors, but not an add-grace
period like other TLDs. Upon (first) registration, the registrant pays € 0.50
for the registration and € 0.90 subscription fee per quarter