ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] RE: discussion about 'instaneous approval ofdomainnames'

  • To: Jeffrey Eckhaus <jeckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx>, owner-gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx, Francesco Cetraro <francescoc@xxxxxxxxx>, gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] RE: discussion about 'instaneous approval ofdomainnames'
  • From: Mike Rodenbaugh <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 23:20:21 -0700 (PDT)

how about monthly fees like charged in .de?

Jeffrey Eckhaus <jeckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think the responses to Paul's point of instant activation are missing the
issue of refunds and cost recovery which is a major concern.
There are many services that offer instant activation and require payment in
advance but if there is fraud or returns the vendor is not on the hook for one
year of service. As the cases of hosting, email, cell phone the vendor does not
have to pay for a year of service in advance with no opportunity for a refund
or shutting the customer off.
We are in a unique business where the cost of the service for the whole year is
prepaid in advance and we need to treat it as such.

Thanks

Jeff