ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-dt-wg]

RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting - Outcomes Report version 1.4

  • To: gnso-dt-wg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-dt-wg] Domain Tasting - Outcomes Report version 1.4
  • From: Mike Rodenbaugh <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 02:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

thanks for the response.

  I think your purported reasons are disingenuous given our repeated dialog on
this issue, and your continued commitments until you disengaged from the group
without notice.

  Wrt #2, seems that is yet another problem with entities able to own multiple
registrar accreditations (i.e. some 100+ for eNom and Pool, at least, not to
mention the 3+ extremely outrageous Vazquez entities), for no apparent reason
other than to game the daily drop and AGP situations for profit of those
conglomerate entities.  I think that is plainly ridiculous, anti-competitive,
unfair, and harmful to everyone else in the interested community, and has been
allowed to go on for far too long.  It is a disgrace to ICANN and in need of a
remedy... but that is outside the scope of this list.

  Still, I think it is not hard to distinguish kiters from 3d party transfers
to some extent, I think ICANN knows the 'families' of registrars and could
provide that information at least from what they know.  I also think VRSN knows
this to some extent.  Of course, there are probably other 'families' that have
tried harder to cover their affiliations.  Anyway, had you provided the zone
data as promised, some analysis could have been done, even if not 'complete'.

  ... to be continued in other venues...

Paul Stahura <stahura@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
        Yes, I was away from the list for a while, I got busy with my day job.
  To answer your question

  1)       I thought you were able to get better information from another source
  a.       It was posted to this list in early august I think, about the time I
stopped looking at this list
  2)       As also repeatedly said back then, my information is not complete
because I cannot see from the zone which names are deleted by one cred and then
immediately re-registered because they do not disappear from the zone and then
reappear, so its hard to distinguish them from transfers.