ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] short organizat meeting on fast flux Thursday9AM Paris time -- meeting summary

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] short organizat meeting on fast flux Thursday9AM Paris time -- meeting summary
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:54:17 -0500

hello all,

this is just a quick note to summarize what we covered this morning, partly as
a reminder and partly for those of you who couldn't be there.

we spent the first part of the meeting introducing ourselves and it's safe to
say we have a great group of people and that this is going to be a lively
discussion.

we talked a little about the work to follow.  here are a few points that i
carried away from the discussion;

- we'll try to get through all of the questions in our charter fairly quickly
and then refine our results from there.  we have lots of great work that has
preceded this group that we can use to flesh out our initial ideas.  my hope is
to complete this first pass during the first 3-4 conference calls.

- we'll develop (and distribute) a template for constituency ideas fairly
quickly -- within the next week or so.  we'll fold those ideas into our
discussion.  as we move towards a final document, we'll develop another
template and go out for a second round of constituency review/comment.

- since some of our work is sensitive and needs to be protected from bad
actors, we will run public and private versions of the mailing list and wiki.
given the public/transparent nature of the GNSO process, we'll use the public
forums as our primary platforms, and use the private ones for "executive
sessions".  the same goes for phone calls -- our default mode will be the
normal GNSO recordings and translations, and we'll go into executive session
when we get to topics that we want to protect.

- we'll meet for two hours weekly, on Fridays at 15:00 UTC, but we'll take next
week off.  so the first call will be on Friday, July 11.

thanks to all who came this morning.  we're off!