ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Jump start on answering GNSO questions regarding fast flux

  • To: gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Jump start on answering GNSO questions regarding fast flux
  • From: Marc Perkel <marc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:57:55 -0700

Hello, I'm marc Perkel owner of junk Email Filter. we are a spam filtering company. And I tend to be very innovate when it comes to sollutions to problems.

I have a question about the process. In order to get to a solution I need to know what the options are. I assume icann can suspend domains of people who cause trouble. ICANN can control anything on its own nameservers. I assume ICANN can control how often name server settings can be changed? Or does the registrars do that?

Can ICANN provide additional information about a domain using DNS. For example, I used DNS to provide blacklist/whitelist information about IP addresses and domain names. If - for example, I could read the age of a domain and read the number of times the dame servers changed I could identify fraud and phishing going through our servers. Extra info can help me block spam and make phishing unprofitable.

Is this a possibility?