ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Jump start on answering GNSO questions regarding fast flux

  • To: <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Jump start on answering GNSO questions regarding fast flux
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 19:56:16 -0700

Thanks Eric.

I agree in particular with a couple of your conclusions and hope we can
explore them, but I think we should do that on the confidential list:

1.  The idea of pre-registering flux, of making private incoherency
conditional, goes towards a policy end worth discussion.

2.  We should inform each other, and the eventual consumers of the PDP (GNSO
and BoD) of what work-arounds appear likely for any fix considered, e.g.,
rate limit -> dispersal, and what each fix considered won't accomplish
globally, even if it has potential locally.

Thanks,
Mike Rodenbaugh

Ps:  I represent the Business Constituency ("BC") on the GNSO Council and in
this Working Group.  Berryhill is not capable of describing a BC view on
this point (but I think that quote actually was not Berryhill's anyway).
The BC has not expressed any views specific to fast flux DNS exploits, other
than to request this PDP to discuss the questions before us.