ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1

  • To: "'fast Flux Workgroup'" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Fast Flux Definition - V4.1
  • From: Kal Feher <kalman.feher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:55:10 +1000

A thought regarding the first point.

Does the network need to be made up of compromised systems?

Obviously it is the most common scenario, but I can imagine quite a few
alternate scenarios where the hosting software is "legitimately" installed
on a large base of systems, both knowingly and unknowingly. We should not
digress into the legality of "click wrap agreements" but merely acknowledge
that legitimately installed and operated software could still be used to
deliver illegitimate content in a manner that would mirror FF behaviour with
regards misdirection and obfuscation of the operators identity.

--
Kal Feher
Architect group