ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] My resignation

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] My resignation
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 19:02:50 -0400

Mike,

You've tried hard to do the right thing, and in my opinion we've been at "process failure" for some time.

Thank you for your time, and your remarkable graciousness.

Eric

Mike O'Connor wrote:

Dear all,

I support the cliché “lead, follow or get out of the way.”

I have decided that the third option is the best course for me with regard to the Fast Flux working group. Thus I am resigning, effective immediately, from the working group and the duties of Chair.

Topics I am happy to discuss (over beer) at the Cairo meeting;

- Crafting charters
- Tyranny of the majority
- Quality
- Project management
- Self-selected volunteer working groups
- Culture and politics of fear
- Risk management
- Non-violent protest

mikey