ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Registrant Verification: additional language for 5.7

  • To: "Diaz, Paul" <pdiaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Registrant Verification: additional language for 5.7
  • From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 14:10:25 -0700

I'm definitely not suggesting we resurrect the "who pays" thread.
I was answering a specific comment.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I had been asked to complete an as yet
uncompleted section 5.4. I created a draft section as instructed, and
circulated it to the parties who asked to participate in preparing the draft
(which was later expanded). What I published on the list was (I thought)
something everyone who participated thought was appropriate.

If there are individual items that a majority cannot agree to include, then
would they not be distinguished as not having strong support?

I don't want to add anything about cost, who pays, or anything related. I
agree that's counterproductive at this point.