Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Updated version - FF conclusions and recommended next steps
- To: Marika Konings <marika.konings@xxxxxxxxx>, Fast Flux Workgroup <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Updated version - FF conclusions and recommended next steps
- From: Dave Piscitello <dave.piscitello@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 06:37:07 -0700
I'm trying to catch up with changes to this section.
This post is not an objection to a change, but a query.
Joe asked that "Ocriminal fast flux involves hosting on compromised
broadband-connected hosts, while legitimate agile hosting does not¹." be
deleted. While I'm OK with the change, I want to understand this for my own
Is full set of scenarios as follows?
1) legitimate agile hosting always operates on systems with knowledge and
consent of the system operator,
2) criminal fast flux hosting may be found to operate on systems without
knowledge and consent of the system operator (compromised
broadband-connected hosts and compromised servers)
3) criminal fast flux hosting may be found to operate on systems with
knowledge and consent of the system operator in cases where the system
operator is knowingly facilitating the criminal activity
4) is there a 4th case, where the system operator operates in a jurisdiction
or country where the act is not considered criminal?
On 6/16/09 6:42 PM Jun 16, 2009, "Marika Konings"
> Dear All,
> Following some suggestions on the list yesterday and comments received from
> Joe St Sauver, please find attached an updated version of the FF conclusions
> and recommended next steps chapter. As this is a crucial part of the report,
> please review the attached carefully and share your feedback with the list. If
> the group cannot come to consensus on the mailing list on the language for
> this chapter, we might need to consider scheduling another call following the
> Sydney meeting to resolve some of the outstanding issues. Also, as many of you
> will be travelling in the coming days, please indicate if you need more time
> to review this chapter in detail.
> Furthermore, please go the the FF poll and rank the ideas of the next steps
> section in order of priority: