ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Regarding private/sensitive information

  • To: "Fast Flux Workgroup" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Regarding private/sensitive information
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:00:34 -0500

Dear all,

I've had a chance to sleep on the puzzler of maintaining private *and* public conversations for the working group.

I've arrived at the following. Given the nature of our group, I think private-list conversation isn't really feasible. So I'd like to propose the following;

- Posts to the group are public

- Private/sensitive information can be exchanged between individuals, off-list, based on individual trust relationships

- Conclusions from those private conversations can be sanitized and posted to the public list

Simple, no? I've had several off-list conversations about this and have concluded that handling "leak containment" is beyond me. :-)

So -- don't post sensitive information to the list.

onward,

voice: 651-647-6109
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com