ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Back to work...

  • To: "Fast Flux Workgroup" <gnso-ff-pdp-May08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] Back to work...
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:43:50 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks for all the help yesterday. Sorry I've been so slow in posting the follow-up emails. Right after the call I deleted the file I was taking notes in, so I have to run through the MP3 and recreate it. I'll do it, but today's a picture-perfect day here at the farm, so I'm taking the day off.

Meanwhile, a picture came into my head this morning over coffee and I thought I'd share it with you. Here's a link;

https://st.icann.org/pdp-wg-ff/index.cgi?mikes_infoenginev1

I love giving things lame names, 'cause I know that way the name won't last long.

Observations;

- This is purely optional for all parties. ISPs *can* add a "Verifier" box to their rack if they want. Registrars/Registries wouldn't have to change anything.

- The cycle of delivering a DNS response to an end user would remain speedy/scaleable

- The ISPs existing DNS server would be untouched (it just wouldn't get quite as many requests)

- The "Researcher" could go anywhere and could be as thick and slow as needed to determine the "fluxiness" of an address

Off to kill living things with chainsaws and mowers. I'll get those follow-up items out there tomorrow.

voice: 651-647-6109
fax: 866-280-2356

web: www.haven2.com