ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-ff-pdp-may08]

Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] The Definition of Fast Flux

  • To: RLVaughn <RL_Vaughn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-ff-pdp-may08] The Definition of Fast Flux
  • From: Wendy Seltzer <wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:22:09 -0400

RLVaughn wrote:
> It hurts what little is left of my brain as well.  But the need for
> precise definition is apparent from both comments as the perceived
> squishiness of the fastflux term and to the conclusions gathered in
> the various steps of the process.
>
> To everyone's great misfortune I am therefore tossing on my dusty
> mathematician's hat in order to produce some definitions and
> acronyms.  Feel free to ignore them all.

Thanks Randy,

I for one find these distinctions helpful.  I think it's worth
identifying technical characteristics that we can measure and
distinguish, with as much precision as we can, and then being scientific
about how identified harms and benefits are or are not traceable to them.

--Wendy

--
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy@xxxxxxxxxxx
phone: +1.914.374.0613